Combating with the Target

• Hi,

How do set the lua script to allow the player to follow the target to continue killing if I don't use range.

Here an example,
    I was attacking the target. When it reaches low health, it start to walk away. My character still stays in the same position. This is annoying and it pulls all the other mobs in the distance.

Regards,
    G

• There is nothing you can do in Lua to control the framework movement. All parameters are provided in Studio and Panel. Just play around them. If they can't satisfy your need, building your own framework (framework-independent project) is the only way out.

• Thanks Pierre:)

• @Pierre-Picard Is there any description of how the framework handles the movement?

I am working on code to 'move out of fire' and avoid boss mechanics. I can detect the damage, and create a temporary waypoint using the "move" action, however when the character tries to move there they spin out, constantly alternating between moving to my waypoint and going back to attack the boss.

I can't seem to figure out what is causing it, but it is either camera facing or just a fight between my LUA giving it a move command, and the framework giving it a different one.

I have tried mucking about with all the settings I can find in the vocabulary and the extra ones in the Studio, but I can't seem to find a way of disabling or modifying the behaviour, as I'm not sure what is causing it.

• The movement is very complicated to be documented. But it can become straightforward when you create paths for visual experiments.

You can always create waypoints beforehand in the path and call set_next_waypoint action to jump between them, not necessarily using move action as it is too "overriding" out of the box. And since you can apply different properties on different waypoints, the dynamics are maximized.

If all such combinations cannot achieve your goal, I would suggest eventually build your own framework, which even just serves as a sub procedure (by calling it from a global action over a path segment). Though such things do require very heavy Lua skills, this is how things work.

• @Pierre-Picard Ah interesting, I didn't think of having spare waypoints and using them out of sequence. I'll try that later, but how do I stop them fighting to the boss? can I disable PvE with an action too? I don't know if I can change the waypoints common properties from the LUA side.

Although I guess I could have some PvE-false waypoints to move to to get out of the fire, and then PvE On ones to move to when they are safe again. Cheers!

Regarding the documentation, I don't need a book or a manual, but I do need to know what is actually happening, and what properties / conditions it is using to control it. I am happy experimenting and figuring out how they interact, but I simply don't know what the methods are.

• You can't mix Lua with framework concepts. The reason why properties / actions / conditions exist is to eliminate Lua. You can't control properties from Lua in the reverse way. So if you need something smart that properties can't simply do for you, you can only write pure Lua to do everything you want, as is said, a sub procedure called in global actions.

• @Pierre-Picard said in Combating with the Target:

You can't mix Lua with framework concepts. The reason why properties / actions / conditions exist is to eliminate Lua. You can't control properties from Lua in the reverse way. So if you need something smart that properties can't simply do for you, you can only write pure Lua to do everything you want, as is said, a sub procedure called in global actions.

Thanks for this, I wasn't sure if it was just undocumented or impossible. I think I have some ideas for how to progress, I'll let you know what I come up wthi.